My first-ever studio record, Give It A Whirl was produced by two-time Juno nominee Gregg Lawless and features the likes of John Sheard, George Koller, Dala, Kirsten Jones, and members of Quartette, The Good Lovelies and The Bebop Cowboys!
Now comes the tricky part: I need to raise funds to complete design and manufacture physical copies of the CD. Once that’s done I can start selling CDs and pay back the production costs with the proceeds.
By the time I release the album in January 2012, it will have been over three years in the making. It’s a long hard trail, but I really believe this album is worth it.
Friends and fans have been asking how else they can help contribute to the cause, so here are some ideas: nine different packages to meet any budget. All contributions are greatly appreciated! Funds can be contributed by PayPal (link coming soon!) or by email money transfer to david AT rootsmusic DOT c-a.
WHAT YOU’LL GET FOR YOUR DONATION (aka “The Packages”)
1. $10 – free digital download of the album upon release
2. $25 – free digital download PLUS a signed copy of the CD (I’ll either pay the shipping fee to mail it to you, or hand it to you in person and sign it for you on the spot to your specifications)
3. $35 – free digital download, a signed copy of the CD, PLUS a copy of my first CD Evergreen
4. $40 – free digital download, signed copy of the CD, a copy of Evergreen PLUS a promo copy of Roll Away, my second CD (no case, just the disk in an envelope) while supplies last
5. $100 – free digital download, signed copies of the CD & both of my previous CDs, PLUS a personal thank you in the liner notes of the new CD
6. $175 – all of the above, PLUS a brand new Makala ukulele and a free lesson
7. $350 – all of the above, PLUS a free house concert for your friends and family
8. $500 – all of the above, PLUS a song written just for you, suitable for any occasion you wish
9. $1500 – all of the above, including ukulele, concert, and song PLUS… my one-of-a-kind custom double-cutaway Shannon guitar (black walnut and Bolivian rosewood) used to record Evergreen.
You can email me to talk details or to suggest your own special fundraising idea… the sky’s the limit!
Many thanks to all supporters of original Canadian music. You make this happen, and you’re the ones we do it for.